Monday, February 6, 2012

Busy Week!

Wow, I've been meaning to update this thing all weekend. Starting Thursday, I've been busy outside of work. A certain someone turned four months old last week and was due for shots, so I took off work just in case it wrecked her day. Last time, it wrecked three days, so I was playing it safe. 


Since I had the morning free, I took it upon myself to take her four month portraits! I ended up with about 150 pictures, half of which I ended up deleting. Still, that's a lot to choose from when making prints! Here are some of my favs:




I actually really like the colors in the one above, I should have taken more like this!



Friday was COSI for work. I know, it's freaking sweet that I get paid to go places like this sometimes ;) Anyway, I took my friend Brandy's daughter, C, since A isn't old enough to enjoy it AND because the poor girl has to sit around all day while her parents work and/or tend to her baby brother. I knew she'd love it, and I knew I'd love her company. We ended up having a blast and were both quite exhausted upon leaving.


C in the Littlekid Zone at COSI sporting glasses with interchangeable lenses. Of course she would pick yellow.




Saturday evening was craft night at my house. First we met up for Sushi!!! It was only my second time trying it, and it's been about 5 years. It was good though. For being a picky eater, I give myself credit! 
Later, I had a bit of crafter's block--didn't really have any good plans on what to make, plus I didn't know if my husky would have anyone using it or not, so I just winged it. 






The girls brought me---aaack! I almost spoiled it! They brought over something to make for their husbands for Valentine's Day, and brought me one as well. We, ahem, made those (note to self to post those pics later, not now!) along with some V-Day hair pretties for their girls; Lindsey ended up with a rockin' chunky amethyst necklace; I ended up with a Mod Podge'd necklace charm, and a hair pretty for me. 


I had to crop this photo so I wouldn't give away the boys' gifts!

Hair pretties and wine, anyone? I used Jess' tutorial for the flower.

Lindsey making her necklace!
Sorry the pics are so dreary. My house is naturally dark, and this all took place after 8 at night!


All in all, it was a great end to the week. As we are right now, it's currently ten at night, and I still didn't finish my checklist for the day (jump rope 15+ minutes, clean the bathroom...) but Addie did get her bath, work got completed, and dinner got eaten. We even had time to run to the grocery and craft stores! I'm off to relax and read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. J recently finished it, and since I recently finished The Hunger Games series, we traded :) We'll see how I like murder mysteries.


Goodnight!!!


Oh! One last thing! You may not know, but I read Lil Blue Boo on a regular basis. I'll leave it up to you to read up on Ashley's story, but I decided to Choose Joy three times today alone (instead of getting angry or irritated at small stuff), and I decided that I really must share her website with you. I'm going to try to get her button somewhere on my sidebar, if I can figure it out ;) **Update-done!** Her outlook on life is inspiring, and I want to be more like her. Thanks, Ashley! 

No comments:

Post a Comment